Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Cath Kidtson DIY Bunting

It is hard to believe that we will be celebrating my daughter's 12th birthday in just few days (She's my Christmas baby), and is truly my Christmas gift. I am a blessed mommy. She invited eight of her friends over this past weekend  for a sleepover party. They had a night of Christmas caroling, Christmas scavenger hunt, pillow fights! and staying up until all hours of the night.

"Pillow" fight

We kept the party decorations simple (normally I'd be going over the top); partly because I was running out of ideas and short for time; and  partly because her taste is maturing.

I was also excited that she did not ask for a themed birthday cake and suprisingly requested a s'mores chocolate cake. I baked twelve luscious layers (one for every year); six layers of chocolate cake and six layers of ganache and graham cracker; all topped with toasted marshmallow frosting.


Twelve Layer Chocolate S' mores Cake




Because her birthday is Christmas day we try to keep the party looking like a birthday and not like a Christmas party. It made me super excited that she was willing to to do a Cath Kidston birthday theme, oh... how I love Cath Kidston! UK's popular lifestyle brand, famous for her brightly colored patterns. My daughter's room has a Union Jack theme, so it was a no-brainer to incorporate these together. My two favorite things... Union Jack and Cath Kidston! I love paper crafts and initially purchased a Union Jack bunting printable on Etsy, but decided do my own so that I could incorporate Cath Kidston. The bunting was strung together with 1/2 inch ribbon I found at Michael's.


DIY Cath Kidston Bunting

I think I will recycle the bunting at our annual Teacher's Tea...

You can download printable of some of Cath Kidston bunting by clicking on the images below.









No comments:

Post a Comment