Sunday, April 26, 2015

Mother's Day and Teacher Appreciation Printables

While there's plenty of time to whip of a thoughtful gift, Mother's Day (May 10) and Teacher Appreciation Week (May 4-8) is right on the horizon. If you're like me you spend time searching for thoughtful gift ideas for these amazing people.

I had seen succulents in mason jars being used as centerpieces at a local restaurant, which gave me inspiration  to use this for gifts. I got even more fired up to when I learned from my friend Sherrie of the Art Resource Center how easy succulents were to care for. Just water once a month! I have a black thumb so this was a win, win!

Made nearly 60 Succulents in mason jars to give to teachers and staff during Teacher Appreciation Week

I try to give gifts that are beautiful yet practical and won't break the bank.





These printable gift tags paired with planted succulents gift make a fun Teacher Appreciation or Mother's Day gift. 

The Art Reource Center collected some of the mason jars, and  the rest were purchased from our local thrift store for 50 cents. The succulents, soil and gravel were FREE from Sherrie's yard. In total, I spent about $30.


Succulents can be found in any gardening store for about $3, but you could use any plant. Just make sure your container size is appropriate for the plant.


Make telling your teacher or mom "thank you" super easy with these 9 cute Thank You for Helping Me Grow gift tags.

Please share your gift idea for Mother's Day or Teacher Appreciation.One last thing, I would love for you to follow my blog via email HERE or Facebook HERE or Google+ HERE.




No comments:

Post a Comment