Sunday, April 20, 2014

DIY Mini Cupcake Stand

If you are Pinterest addict like me, you've probably seen a version of mini cupcake stands made from wooden candle sticks. I have been dying to make them, but did not want to spend the time or money to go look for the materials.


Lucky me, I happened to be at my favorite... Art Resource Center picking up supplies and stumbled upon wooden thread spools. I was tickled pink and new exactly what to do with them. So here you go....my version of a mini cupcake stand made from wooden spools.



To do this, you'll need to build the base with wooden spools and glue together with wood glue, wooden circles, or paper ornaments (I found these on clearance after Christmas). 






I made them to display our cupcakes for Easter. This project has been on my Pinterest board for a while, but now I can mark it as done! 


Do you have any Pinterest projects on your to do list?

No comments:

Post a Comment